When it comes to memorialising loved ones you will want a memorial that truly reflects and honours their memory. That is why bespoke memorials are one of the best ways to mark the resting place of those we miss. Here at JKH we can design and create bespoke memorials of any size along with slab foundations, frame loadings and cremation tablets. We make all our concrete memorials and slabs to order based on your preference. Therefore, here are some reasons why you should think about bespoke memorials and slab foundations.
Benefits of Bespoke Memorials
- Each memorial is designed from scratch so that you can create something entirely unique to your loved one’s memory. You can choose unique shapes or carvings as well as inscriptions that relate to the person.
- With bespoke memorials you can personalise every aspect of their resting place so as to best honour their memory. Favourite writings, images, and so on can all be used in the memorial’s final design.
- Here at JKH we have a selection of memorial products and slab foundations in stock that will suit a range of sizes. We can also make memorials and slabs in other sizes according to your needs by request.
- All our slabs and memorial products are made from high quality steel reinforced concrete. This ensures their overall strength and durability so that they will last for many years to come.
Types of Memorials
While bespoke memorials allow you to choose any shape, colour or finish you like, you can always use one of the following as a guide:
- Upright Memorials – The most common form of memorial. Tall, thick with a rounded slab foundation. Many come with an inbuilt vase at the base.
- Flat Memorials – Simple rectangular tablets that are either flat on the ground or slightly raised. This often costs less than other memorials but contain only basic information such as name and dates.
- Desk Tablet Memorials – Made to resemble an open book with an inbuilt vase at the top. Needs a sturdy foundation to remain stable.
- Ledger Slab Memorials – Thick memorial slabs that cover an entire grave or even multiple memorial plots. Tend to be more easy to maintain compared to regular memorials.
- Obelisk Memorials – Tall vertical columns mounted on a sturdy base. Can be plain or intricately detailed.
- Lawn Memorial – Found in grassed areas such as private gardens and parks. Often features a traditional base and headstone but can also include statues, benches or fountains.
- Kerb Memorials – Features a rectangular line of stone around the grave and covered in stone chippings, slabs or plants. Allows the grave to stand out in its area.
- Cremation Memorials – Can include headstones or plaques, but often include vases and urns containing a loved one’s ashes.
Here at JKH we manufacturer a range of precast concrete and steel solutions for a range of tasks. From drainage headwalls to memorial slabs, we offer high quality products in numerous sizes as well as sizes made to order. To find out more about our range of foundation slabs we invite you to get in touch with our helpful team today.